HVAC Service Technician
- Job Title:HVAC Service Technician
- Job Location:Broussard, LA
- Reports to:Service Manager/ Services President
- Focus Areas:Higher education, k-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service and maintenance to customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base in the above focus areas.
- Commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in commercial environments, from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers.
- Responsible for end to end testing, maintenance, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned HVAC projects.
- Represents the Company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units, as well as propose retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with needs and preferences. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience in HVAC service; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operating and working proficiency with hand held computers(I.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds,frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 pounds.
- EPA Certification Preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment preferred.
Gallo Mechanical Services is an affiliated company with Gallo Mechanical which, founded in 1945, has grown to become today one of the largest mechanical contractors in Louisiana. The mission of Gallo Mechanical Services is to provide facility owners premium post-construction service and warranty support throughout the life cycle of their facilities.
View All Listings
Gallo Mechanical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.