Trimble Tool Operator
- Job Title:Trimble Tool Operator
- Job Location:New Orleans, LA
- Reports to:BIM/Trimble Director
The Trimble Operator is responsible for jobsite layout utilizing Trimble RTS. Jobsite layout will include locating underground piping, sleeves, hanger inserts, anchor points, and any structural openings needed for our work. The operator will also be responsible for performing as-built point files at conclusion of projects.
This critical role seeks to utilize the highest levels of technology, construction knowledge and standards to produce high quality layouts to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Be on the job and ready to work at the designated project start time.
- Ensure Trimble RTS and accessories for layout stay maintained and in working order.
- Keep running log of Trimble kit items and location.
- Prepare files for the Trimble RTS for layout.
- Meet with project and GC team onsite to evaluate conditions of control points and anything else needed to perform layout. Request sufficient layout durations for new construction.
- Collaborate with BIM/Drafting to ensure files are accurate for layout.
- Liaison between BIM team and project team as it relates to as-builts or existing conditions.
- Update point files with all field conditions or changes.
- Provide efficient and accurate layout to the field utilizing Trimble RTS.
- Provide daily layout reports to show setup quality and daily point totals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Trimble Field Link and RTS operation.
- Knowledge of BIM software.
- Knowledge of electronic document exchange.
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of construction process.
- General to specific knowledge of piping systems.
- Knowledge of 3D Scanning
- Physical requirements for the job will include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Work at various heights, and various weather environments related to the South East area.
View All Listings
Gallo Mechanical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.