MEP BIM / VDC Detailer
- Job Title:MEP BIM / VDC Detailer
- Job Location:New Orleans, LA
- Reports to:BIM/Trimble Director
- Focus Areas:Higher education, K-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The BIM Coordinator is responsible for the standardization and production of all Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) documents including HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing and Piping disciplines to support the design, fabrication and construction operations of the Company.
This critical role seeks to utilize the highest levels of technology, construction knowledge and standards to produce high quality designs that contribute to increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Prepare, plan, section, and detail drawings; create spool sheets, bill of materials, hanger lists, Trimble files, etc.
- Coordinate project drawings through communication with project managers, CAD staff and other project team members.
- Ensure that the project’s needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaison between the design team and project subcontractors related to project-specific uses of the model and/or VDC processes.
- Ensure model meets expectations stated in the project BIM Execution Plan.
- Update model per changes to the contract documents.
- Provide deliverables as required by project schedule.
- Assist in development of project documentation, such as the project BIM Execution Plan, schedules, and meeting minutes.
- Monitor information exchange between subcontractors and third party modeling consultants.
- Manage trade coordination meetings as scheduled and follow up on deliverables in a timely manner.
- Understand the BIM scope of work for the subcontractors on the project.
- Facilitate trade coordination process in a manner that supports the overall project schedule.
- Perform quality reviews of submitted models as they relate to the contract documents.
- Administer proper sign-off standards to facilitate construction.
- Coordinate, prepare, and record as-built models and drawings.
- Produce presentation materials.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Revit 2019-Current.
- Proficient in Autocad 2019-Current.
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of construction process.
- General to specific knowledge of piping systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of domestic water systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC.
- This job requires ability to work at a desk with computer equipment for prolonged periods of time. Eye-hand coordination is essential.
View All Listings
Gallo Mechanical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.