- Job Title:BIM Detailer
- Job Location:Hammond, LA
- Reports to:BIM Director
- Focus Areas:Higher education, k-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The BIM Detailer is responsible for the standardization and production of all Virtual Design Coordination (VDC) documents including HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing and Piping disciplines to support the design, fabrication and construction operations of the Company.
This critical role seeks to utilize the highest levels of technology, construction knowledge and standards to produce high quality 2D and 3D construction documents to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Prepare detailed 2D and 3D construction documents that aid in fabrication and field installation.
- Produce Trimble Field Layout files to aid in inserting for hangers, sleeves, and or cores.
- Coordinate construction documents through communication with project managers, B.I.M. staff and others project team members.
- Ensure that the project’s drafting and B.I.M. needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaison between the design team and project subcontractors related to project-specific uses of the model and/or B.I.M. processes.
- Ensure B.I.M./Drafting meets or exceeds expectations stated in the project BIM Execution Plan and Job specifications.
- Update B.I.M. per changes to the contract documents.
- Provide B.I.M. deliverables as required by project schedule.
- Assist in development of project documentation, such as the project B.I.M. Execution Plan, schedules, and meeting minutes.
- Monitor information exchange between subcontractors and third party modeling consultants.
- Manage trade coordination meetings as scheduled and follow up on deliverables in a timely manner.
- Understand the B.I.M. scope of work for the subcontractors on the project.
- Facilitates trade coordination process in a manner that supports the overall project schedule
- Perform quality reviews of submitted models as they relate to the contract documents.
- Administer proper sign-off standards to facilitate construction.
- Coordinate and prepare record as-built models and drawings
- Production of presentation materials.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit.
- Knowledge in B.I.M. software (i.e. Navisworks Manage).
- Knowledge of Trimble RTS and Trimble Field Link is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Team).
- Knowledge of Blue Beam.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in electronic document exchange.
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of the construction process.
- General to specific knowledge of mechanical piping and plumbing systems.
View All Listings
Gallo Mechanical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.